2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
comforte at the Technical Boot Camp in San Francisco
Around 400 NonStop professionals attended yet another successful NonStop Technical Boot Camp in San Francisco last month in order to hear the latest news from HPE, vendors and NonStop users alike. The Connect organization, together with the HPE NonStop product management team, put together an excellent agenda of seminars, workshops and presentations throughout the four days. The buzz around presenters sharing their experiences about how they solved technical problems or supported new business requirements could be felt everywhere.
The overall agenda was organized around streams like develop, manage, protect and transform, and comforte hosted a number of sessions at TBC in connection with Data Protection and Transformation:
- Pre-conference Workshop on ‘Application Modernization for your Legacy Applications’ hosted by Brad Poole, Senior Solutions Architect
- Pre-conference Seminar on ‘Achieving Enterprise Protection with your NonStop system at the core’ presented by Warren Poschman, Senior Solutions Architect Security.
- Pre-conference Seminar on ‘DevOps and PCI Compliance’ presented by our partner Randall Becker, Nexbridge
- Customer Session on ‘Architecting a Large Scale Application Modernization Project’ by Bob Kiep, SVP and Chief Architect at Gallagher Bassett.
- comforte also ran a session ‘Talk to the experts – Implementing a tokenization solution at a massive scale’ hosted by Glenn Kusick, Chief Architect Enterprise Protection
For comforte, Bob Kiep’s presentation was clearly one of the highlights. Bob is the Chief Architect at Gallagher Bassett, a Third Party Insurance Claims Administrator, and he spoke about the transformation of their core application, which resides on NonStop and went live back in the late 1980’s. He explained how they kept the mission-critical, core functionality and business intelligence on NonStop but opened up the application to call centers using APIs and cloud technology.
The key takeaway from Bob’s presentation is that legacy applications can be modernized best in small steps, keeping the project risk low while protecting the investment in functionality that is the backbone of your business. In Gallagher Bassett’s case, it all started with a make-over of the green-screen GUI before adding web services and APIs in order to support new business requirements.
comforte offers a number of software products to help organizations transform their legacy applications from the outside in. From the GUI layer, to middleware, to database and data protection.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of modernizing your proven applications, please read our whitepaper ‘The IT Directors Perspective: Maximizing the Value of HPE NonStop’, which highlights how you can:
- Unlock data by converting Enscribe files to SQL
- Unlock business functions with web service enablement
- Secure sensitive data with tokenization or encryption
If you would like to discuss your ideas or requirements with one of our experts please contact us at https://www.comforte.com/contact/.
comforte is looking forward to seeing you in the new year at one of the regional NonStop user events around the world.