2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
Gravic Publishes Article on Data Validation – a Must-have for Mission-Critical Databases
Gravic published an article, Data Validation – a Must-have for Mission-Critical Databases, in the March/April issue of The Connection. In Business Continuity architectures, consistency between the production and backup systems is paramount. After all, if the backup system doesn’t match, isn’t it essentially worthless? Unfortunately, there are several common industry misconceptions and pitfalls regarding this topic. We’ve heard things like:
- “I have a replication engine, therefore both systems and their data match.”
- “Our production and backup systems are never out of sync.”
- “We can make application and database changes without affecting our replication engine.”
In this article, we examine these misconceptions in detail. The bottom line is that HPE NonStop Business Continuity architectures require Data Validation to ensure that the Source and Target databases match. Below are some major benefits of Data Validation:
- proves that your backup database is consistent, complete, and correct,
- ensures the backup system is ready at all times for an immediate takeover,
- creates a timeline of data points recording when the databases match, making subsequent mismatch resolution much simpler, and
- offers other benefits, which are discussed in the article, as well as a use case at a major financial services firm.
Gravic Presents at HPE Indonesia Data Solutions Tech & Partner Summit in Jakarta
After a 40-hour (record-setting) flight and layover, Jonathan Sechrist, Director – Business Development, Asia-Pacific & Japan, finally arrived in Jakarta, Indonesia to represent Gravic at this exciting event, held in mid-March. On the first day, Jonathan presented on HPE Shadowbase Business Continuity to potential NonStop customers and on HPE Shadowbase Data Replication and Utilities to existing NonStop customers.
On the second day, he presented on Gravic – A Recap for Data Replication to partners. Then, on the third and fourth days, he visited with key customers and partners for private meetings.
We look forward to meeting those of you in the APJ region at future shows and events. We have a lot of new information to share on HPE Shadowbase differentiating product enhancements, accelerating software innovation, and new releases.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise globally sells and supports Shadowbase solutions under the name HPE Shadowbase. For more information, please contact your local HPE Shadowbase representative or visit our website. For additional information, please view our Shadowbase solution videos: https://vimeo.com/shadowbasesoftware.
Specifications subject to change without notice. Trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2023.