There have been numerous posts and tweets coming from the NonStop vendor community following RUG events worldwide: ETBC,...
HPE NonStop Partner Technical Symposium 2018
Save the Date information
Dear NonStop Partner,
We are pleased to announce our intentions to continue our new tradition and have another Partner Technical Symposium in 2018. This year the event will be held on Monday, July 9th, 2018 at HPE’s offices located at 3000 Hanover Street, Building 20A, in Palo Alto, California 94304. This is the same location where the event was held in 2016 and 2017.
This letter provides information about the event:
- There is no charge to participate in this event. HPE will provide breakfast and lunch for the event on Monday July 9th. Partners are responsible for handling their own travel expenses, hotel etc.
- Monday’s event will be a day of general sessions and presentations about NonStop product futures and recent deliveries that may impact how partners position and license their products. The current agenda will be included in a Registration packet that we will send out in April 2018. This is for all attendees. Monday is being chosen as Sunday and Monday nights are the least expensive night of the week for hotels in the Bay Area.
- We will hold two days of private partner meetings on Tues 7/10 and Wed 7/11. You may request a private business meeting with HPE NonStop Management team for either day. The registration package will explain how to request this. We will not accept requests prior to sending out the Registration packet. Each meeting is 50 minutes long and will also be held in the same facility at 3000 Hanover Street, Building 20A in Palo Alto, California. We can also provide a room if you wish to meet with another partner while at our facility. If you think you need more than one meeting with HPE people, you need to tell us that up front when you request the meeting. We have a limited number of rooms and want to try to accommodate as many partners as possible.
- Each partner is limited to 4 attendees at the event. There will be no dial-in offered for the general sessions on Monday. However we can accommodate remote participants by phone for the individual partner meetings.
- You will be required to sign and return a Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement with your registration prior to attending the event. The CDA means that you agree not to discuss topics raised during the event with NonStop customers or other partners without HPE’s approval. This will be included in the Registration Package when we send it out.
- Lodging: For your convenience, we will provide a list of local hotels in the area. If you are interested in being part of a negotiated block of rooms at a lower price point for a hotel/motel in the area, please let us know so we have some idea as to how many rooms we need to include in the block. This was under estimated last year due to many last minute registrations.
HPE has recently announced their intention to move out of the Palo Alto facility and to a new building in Santa Clara. The move is supposed to be done by the end of 2018. We don’t know yet whether this will have any impact on our plans for the PTS so there is a risk that some details about out event may change.