Connect and the NSU40 planning team is hosting the first ever NonStop Hackathon event at this year’s Technical Boot Camp! If you...
Insider Technologies: Job Opportunity
Senior HPE NonStop Developer
Your role is to work on the HPE Nonstop (formerly Tandem) Systems as a Software Developer, designing and developing new functionality to the Insider Technologies product set in C/C++, TAL and COBOL, as well as maintaining our existing code.
- Development experience on HPE NonStop mainframes.
- Development of unit and integration test specifications to ensure that software items are thoroughly tested.
- Software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose.
- Documentation of software product features. Providing technical authors with information for inclusion in software manuals and online help.
- Experience with Agile development life cycle.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Aptitude and communication skills to attend meetings to represent the company, e.g. to discuss the detailed design and other technical issues.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts.
You should possess most of the following attributes and have the capacity to acquire the remainder on the job.
- TAL, pTAL, COBOL85, SCOBOL, TACL, C, C++, TACL
- Guardian, SPI, EMS, Measure, OSS programmatic interfaces, DDL, Enscibe, SQL, SCF, FUP, TEDIT, TS/MP (Pathway), Inspect, TMF, Spoolcom.
- Understanding of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Agile working, the experience of SCRUM and test-driven development.
- A competitive salary based on experience and knowledge.
- Flexible working hours with 25 days Annual leave (excluding bank holidays).
- A pension scheme as well as private healthcare scheme.
- An annual performance bonus.
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance (x4)
Join our team
If you’re a highly motivated team player, keen to share your experience and thrive in a challenging environment, please apply with your CV and covering letter.