2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
Modernization: One Small Step for NonStop-Kind
by Philip Ly
Contrary to popular myth, modernization doesn’t have to be revolutionary or super technical. Modernization, instead looks at how to improve things to make them practical for the future. This includes reviewing old programs and solutions that have been running on the NonStop for a long time, and then asking questions like:
- Does it still produce value? Is anyone still using it? If not, drop it.
- If it is still of value and/or is it built on something that can continue to last on the NonStop?
Users might consider asking the following questions:
- Does it enhance ability?
- Does it provide supportability?
- Does it improve performance?
- Does it leverage standard solutions?
- Does it provide abilities to integrate?
In our recent TIC User Forum, we explored three different facets of modernization:
- Replacing API strategy with REST to better integrate with the enterprise.
- Replacing home grown file transfer solutions with a standard supportable product.
- Adapting cloud-based solutions to produce reports faster, better, and cheaper.
Every one of these approaches is based on its own value proposition. In doing so, it also extends NonStop’s acceptance in the enterprise, as it proves that the platform is not a legacy product or an isolated island.
Modernizing NonStop is a good way to future-proof NonStop. You can do so one step at a time, in an effective and progressive approach.
To get started today, please reach out to us at TIC for a NonStop future proofing evaluation.