2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
TANDsoft Introduces Two Blazing Fast Solutions for All HPE NonStop Servers
A recent VIRTU-NUG meeting highlighted FS Compare and Repair and FS Backup and Restore, two new products from TANDsoft Inc. If you missed TANDsoft’s presentation, it is available at http://www.connect-community.org/virtu-nug-2020-session-3 at the 1 hour, 34 minutes mark. VIRTU-NUG is a series of virtual user group meetings sponsored by Connect Worldwide and the HPE NonStop partner community.
FS Compare and Repair
FS Compare and Repair identifies, reports, and resolves inconsistencies in both live and offline databases. In a recent customer trial, FS Compare and Repair reduced data validation from 1 hour, 12 minutes to 4 minutes. It is the most rapid compare/repair solution for use in the NonStop environment and works with all NonStop data replication products.
FS Compare and Repair Features and Benefits
- Compares live and offline databases
- Compares and repairs files at the block level for very fast results
- Supports Guardian files, SQL/MP tables and OSS files (SQL/MX in next release)
- Incorporates TANDsoft’s data deduplication technology for high-speed discrepancy reporting
- Provides partition-, index-, block-, record-, and column-level statistics
- High-speed capabilities due to data deduplication, block-level analyses, and parallel processing
- Requires zero application modifications
- Generated is a report that can be used for auditing and internal verification
- Incorporates HPE NonStop server fundamentals: parallel processing, file selection by wildcarding & qualified expressions
- Works with all HPE NonStop data replication solutions
- Certified on all HPE NonStop servers
FS Backup and Restore
Backup times that formerly may take hours can be reduced to minutes with TANDsoft’s FS Backup and Restore. Rather than archive whole files to disk, tape or virtual tape, FS Backup detects file data-block modifications and archives only the changes. FS Restore then can retrieve the saved file data-block modifications and will apply the changes to rebuild the original file. FS Backup and Restore complements the HPE NonStop Backup and Restore utility (including Backup and Restore 2) as well as all third-party storage solutions.
FS Backup and Restore Features and Benefits
- Available on all HPE NonStop servers
- Complements HPE NonStop Backup and Restore and Backup and Restore 2 utilities
- Extremely efficient and fast. Sends only changed data blocks upstream to the HPE backup utility
- Supports Guardian files, SQL/MP tables (same as HPE Backup and Restore), OSS files and SQL/MX tables (same as Backup and Restore 2)
- Requires zero application modifications
- Complements all third-party storage solutions
- Incorporates HPE NonStop server fundamentals: fault tolerance, parallel processing, file selection by wildcarding & qualified expressions
- Supports trigger execution (A TACL script can be executed) before, after, or at the end of an FS Backup & Restore job
- Supports file compression
- Supports multiple concurrent users, each with their respective security rights
Both FS Compare and Repair and FS Backup and Restore require zero application modifications. Learn more at https://bit.ly/2BE1GfG.
TANDsoft is a global provider of innovative HPE NonStop software solutions for use in time virtualization, application modernization, security, and business continuity. Our intercept technology is used by many NonStop customers to enhance legacy application functionality with no program modifications. Our products are easy to install, easy to use, and are certified on all HPE NonStop servers.
In addition to FS Compare and Repair and FS Backup and Restore, TANDsoft’s flagship solutions include the OPTA2000 virtual clock- and time-zone simulator; FileSync for automatic file synchronization, replication, and data deduplication; and Sensitive Data Intercept (SDI) for protecting and masking sensitive data-at-rest in Enscribe, SQL/MP, and SQL/MX databases.
Explore details about all TANDsoft solutions at www.tandsoft.com, or contact the following:
Jack Di Giacomo (+1 514-695-2234 / firstname.lastname@example.org);
Dieter Orlowski (+1 303-263-4381 / email@example.com); and
Tim Dunne (+1 402-216-7402 / firstname.lastname@example.org