2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
Tributary Systems featured in Connect Converge
By Glenn Garrahan, Director HPE Business, Tributary Systems
It seems spring has finally arrived here in Northern California, after what turned out to be a “drought busting” winter, with record rainfall and some very intense “atmospheric rivers”. In fact, the long lasting drought we’ve had here is now officially over, about time. However, even the gloomy weather for the last three months couldn’t dampen my enthusiasm for providing information to the NonStop customer base on Tributary Systems’ Storage Director, as witnessed by our article in the Spring 2019 edition of the Connect Converge on-line magazine.
Take a few moments and read the article at:
Let’s take a quick look at this product from a customer perspective. As a customer, I’d consider several features of Storage Director:
- Storage Director, in its basic configuration for data backup, retention and restore, emulates a NonStop tape library, similar to VTS and VTL.
- But because Storage Director is a policy-based, tiered, and virtualized software product, it provides the ability to easily group data into different pools and apply different protection policies at different times across any storage medium simultaneously.
- And when a customer is ready for cloud backup, either public or private, Storage Director becomes the gateway to cloud backup, generally speaking a policy change will allow this without hardware replacement.
- Because Tributary Systems has been a NonStop OEM Supplier and Partner for over 20 years, they understand NonStop Backup/Restore.
- Installation of a Storage Director server is as simple as installing a physical tape drive, such as the M8801A (which incidentally Tributary supplies to HPE NonStop).
- Installation of Storage Director is “non-disruptive” to the customer’s NonStop environment.
- Storage Director includes an easy to use, intuitive GUI, which makes setting policies a snap for most customers.
- Storage Director provides AES 256 bit data-at-rest and data-in-flight encryption, interfacing with enterprise key management systems or generating its own keys.
- Storage Director is continually subjected to vulnerability testing.
- IBM Cloud Object Storage Information Dispersal Algorithms (IDA), otherwise referred to as Erasure Coding, are fully supported
- Storage Director is the fastest data backup and restore solution on the market today, for either NonStop or open systems.
- In a cloud backup environment, the unique algorithms built into Storage Director allow for a 5x to 10x improvement in throughput without modifications to either the host server or the cloud object storage target.
So grab your favorite beverage, read the article, and as always, if you’d like additional information on Storage Director, visit www.tributary.com, or contact our Sales Director, Matt Allen, at 817-786-3066 (office) or 713-492-7434 (cell). Matt can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage Director allows NonStop professionals to “augment what they have and use it in creative new ways!”