2021. What an interesting year. With the world turned upside down by a pandemic that seemingly had its sights set on...
Tributary Systems: The 2020 Virtual Bootcamp is Right Around the Virtual Corner
By Glenn Garrahan, Director HPE Business
The older I get the faster time passes. Notice I didn’t say “seems to pass”, because it’s my perception and therefore my virtual reality! Now the very first NonStop Virtual Bootcamp is less than 2 weeks away. Tributary Systems will be participating in the Bootcamp, as we’ve done since the 1990’s, although it wasn’t called “Bootcamp” then (many of you will remember the shows at the San Jose Fairmont Hotel I’m sure). NonStop has always been an important market segment for us, we’ve been supporting NonStop users as an OEM supplier and Backup/Restore hardware and software vendor for the last quarter of a century. So what can virtual visitors expect in our booth?
They’ll be all kinds of specific information on Tributary Systems’ Storage Director, the lowest cost NonStop backup solution on the market that includes on-premise and Cloud Tiering capabilities. As we announced last month in the NonStop Insider, Tributary can now provide NonStop Backup Storage as a Service!
Materials in the booth will include NonStop focused PowerPoint presentations, Storage Director product datasheets, a CIO Review article featuring TSI’s CEO, Shawn Sabanayagam. We’ve scheduled a 30 minute live talk on November 17th, at 11:45 AM PST on US Track2 where we’ll discuss the extraordinary feature set and multiple advantages Storage Director brings to the NonStop Backup environment. Plus Tributary Systems’ staff will man the virtual booth, ready to answer any questions attendees may have about TSI or our products.
Tributary will also be making a very special and important announcement regarding expansion of the Storage Director feature set, so don’t miss our November 17th live talk, I will be well worth your time.
So ask yourself this question: Wouldn’t any NonStop customer appreciate saving 40% or more in data backup and archive costs while simultaneously increasing data security, availability and backup/restore performance? Well visit our booth and attend our live presentation to find out how this is possible.
Here are some of the key features TSI’s Storage Director brings to the NonStop Storage Environmet. Be sure to ask about any of them during our Live Talk at Bootcamp…..
- Storage Director allows users to fully virtualize and automate backup and restore operations, with:
- Lights-out operation and remote administration
- Separate front and back end processing
- Superior per node performance, eliminating issues meeting customer specified backup windows
- Users can define policies that allow flexible data storage and migration strategies, including:
- The ability to separate data into pools and apply different protection policies such as retention, replication, and tiering. Appropriate and automated movement of data to lower cost media such as tape, NAS or public cloud for archival is key to the cost effectiveness of Storage Director
- The functionality necessary to perform real-time backups while concurrently and transparently migrating older data from legacy tape or proprietary dedup storage to cloud object storage solutions
- Storage Director allows consolidation of all user storage subsystems for simplified backup/restore operations
- Storage Director is secure, incorporating built in encryption algorithms while fully supporting Information Dispersal Algorithm (IDA) or Erasure Coding. The security features provided by public cloud vendors such as AWS, Google and Azure are leveraged by Storage Director
- Storage Director is expandable and scalable for both capacity and performance
- An intuitive, easy-to-use GUI is incorporated within Storage Director, simplifying system configuration, administration and daily operations
- Storage Director may be employed in open, heterogeneous multi-platform environments:
- Such as Windows, Linux, UNIX (AIX, HPUX, Solaris), IBM iSeries (AS/400), HPE NonStop (Tandem), HPE VMS, and VMware® among others
- All major backup management applications such as Spectrum Protect/TSM, NetBackup®, Veeam, Commvault Simpana®, BRMS (iSeries) and ABS/MDMS (OpenVMS) are supported
- Storage Director is transparent to users and existing applications
- Storage Director can be installed and operated on non-proprietary, less expensive, hardware, avoiding costly “supplier lock-in”.
- Storage Director eliminates the requirement for personnel to be on-site for manual tape operations, such as loading and unloading cartridges. This consideration takes on increased importance given the current global pandemic.
Recall that Tributary Systems has been a HPE NonStop OEM solutions supplier and partner for over two decades; we know NonStop and understand NonStop customer requirements.
Of course, if you’d like additional information on NonStop Tape or Storage Director, visit www.tributary.com, or call Matt Allen at 713-492-7434.
Storage Director allows NonStop professionals to “augment what they have and use it in creative new ways!”